“A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.”Melissa Gates
WiN IAEA is organizing a 6-session series on empowering women through language. The first session took place on November 18th with Nancy Macharia, WiN IAEA member and Learning and Development Specialist.
This 6 session series for empowerment has been borne from a number of conversations and observations with female colleagues. Listening to how we use language to either advance or (often inadvertently) self-sabotage. Hearing our oft repeated limiting beliefs seep through. The series are designed for women with women, open conversations and presentation of simple tools for building greater rapport and congruence in our everyday living (both our personal and professional arenas).
The series is not a set syllabus, though the initial one sets the scene for what follows. Those members able to journey together through the whole, will make our experiences richer and one by one, alongside other WiN initiatives, we seek that tipping point for empowered women in nuclear.
- Session 1: Re-presentational systems; exploring how we re-present ‘reality’ and engage with life.
- Session 2: The power of beliefs; limiting and empowering
- Session 3: The power of frames; the lens with which we see the world. Experiences and meaning.
- Session 4: What do I want, what do I really, really want; the well-formed outcome
- Session 5: The power of motivation and meta patterns; towards and away from.
- Session 6: Changing habits and behaviours – wrapping it up.
Lead facilitator: Nancy Nyambici Macharia, WiN IAEA member and Linkedin Bio